Cooking a healthy, wholesome dinner just got easier with this single pan Cajun Chicken and Cauliflower Rice recipe.
Using chicken breast tenders adds a timesaving advantage since they typically come pre-sliced. Along with saving on prep work, it also cooks quicker than whole chicken breasts and comes loaded with protein-rich nutrients. When shopping for poultry, always opt for pasture raised brands to help reduce the risk of added hormones or steroids.
Combining the chicken with dried herbs and spices transforms this recipe into a mouthwatering meal. The Cajun blend can be prepped ahead of time and stored in a small jar for easy access. Use it as a dry rub on roasted veggies, fish, or meats before grilling or roasting.
This stovetop meal is a cinch to make and even easier to clean up. Combining Cajun spice, chicken tenders, and cauliflower rice, this one-pan wonder can go from pan to table under 30 minutes!
By the way, you can also find over 200 more amazing, easy to make, healthy recipes in my book entitled: Get Your Lean On – A simple, sensible yet scientific WEIGHT LOSS SOLUTION … Get Your Copy Here
Tools you will need:
- 10-inch cast iron pan
- Medium mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
1 lb. chicken breast tenders
4 cups cauliflower rice
1 small bell pepper, finely chopped (¾ cup)
3 Tbsp ghee or butter, divided
1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp sea salt
1. In a small bowl, stir together all the spices to makes the Cajun blend. Divide the mixture in half.
2. Blot the chicken tenders dry with a paper towel and add to a medium mixing bowl. Season with half of the spice mixture and use your hands to thoroughly coat.
3. Heat one tablespoon of ghee or butter over medium heat for one minute in a medium skillet. Add the chicken tenders and cook them for five minutes on each side. When finished, remove from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
4. Reduce the skillet to medium-low heat and add in the remaining ghee and bell pepper. Cook for one minute to soften the peppers, then add the cauliflower rice and remaining Cajun spices. Continue to stir and cook for five minutes.
5. Add the chicken tenders back to the pan and cook for three minutes, or until cooked through.
The Skinny Per Serving:
- Calories 241
- Protein 41g
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 5g