My wife and I love Thai or Indian curry dishes. However, they’re not always the healthiest option because, usually they’re full of unhealthy fats, sodium, and sugar.
So, today I’ve opted to share our own “low carb” versions of one of our curry favorites! This single pan dish is delicious yet super healthy and nourishing. And it’s super easy to put together!
Tools you will need:
- 10-inch non-stick frying pan
- Medium whisk
By the way, you can also find over 200 more amazing, easy to make, healthy recipes in my book entitled: Get Your Lean On – A simple, sensible yet scientific WEIGHT LOSS SOLUTION … Get Your Copy Here
1 lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
1/2 lb. small scallops
2 tablespoons olive oil separated
1/2 onion finely diced
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 cup fresh spinach
Salt and pepper to taste
6 oz heavy cream
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1.5 Tbsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp ground ginger
14.5 oz can dice tomatoes, drained
4 cups frozen cauliflower rice – thawed
1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
1. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a medium sized pan over medium high heat.
2. Next add onion and sauté for 2 minutes until tender.
3. Add minced garlic and cook for only 30 seconds.
4. Add spinach and shrimp and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook shrimp until pink.
5. Pour in heavy cream and fish sauce.
6. Whisk in curry powder, turmeric and ground ginger.
7. Next add tomatoes and turn heat down to medium low and sauté.
8. Simmer over heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened and flavors have come together.
9. While sauce simmers, add cauliflower rice to a microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave for 2 minutes or until hot.
12. Once curry sauce is thickened turn off. Serve curry shrimp & scallops over cauliflower rice and garnish with cilantro.
The Skinny Per Serving:
- Calories 229
- Protein 28g
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 9g
- Fiber 3g