If you’re looking for a new spin on meatballs, you’ve got to try this amazing firecracker meatball recipe. They’re easy to prepare and make a perfect appetizer or main dish. They also pair well with cauliflower rice or roasted veggies for a complete meal that will satisfy the entire family.
Tools you will need:
- Medium mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
- Medium skillet
- Small mixing bowl
By the way, you can also find over 200 more amazing, easy to make, healthy recipes in my book entitled: Get Your Lean On – A simple, sensible yet scientific WEIGHT LOSS SOLUTION … Get Your Copy Here
For Firecracker Sauce:
1/2 cup frank’s redhot sauce
2 T butter or ghee, melted
2 T raw honey
1 lb. ground turkey or chicken
1 cup blanched almond flour
1 t minced garlic
1 T minced green onion
1/2 t sea salt
1/4 t red pepper flakes
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
1 T butter or ghee for cooking
To Make the Sauce:
1. Stir together the hot sauce, melted butter or ghee, and honey in a small bowl, then set aside.
To Make the Meatballs:
1. Combine the chicken, egg, almond flour, garlic, paprika, green onion, sea salt, and red pepper flakes in a medium mixing bowl. Use your hands to mix everything together.
2. Form the mixture into small balls and set them onto a plate lined with parchment paper.
3. Melt the butter or ghee in a skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes and add 6 to 8 meatballs into the pan.
4. Cook the meatballs for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through. Set the cooked ones aside and repeat with the remaining uncooked meatballs.
5. When fully cooked, return all the meatballs back to the pan and lower the heat to medium-low.
6. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and let them simmer for 15 minutes.
Serve hot and garnish with chopped green onion.
Servings: 4 – about 5 meatballs
The Skinny Per Serving:
- Calories 125
- Protein 24g
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 5g
- Fiber 1g