Ahi Tuna is high in quality complete protein and omega-3 fats, which we certainly need to get more of in our diet. But if you bored and looking to put a new spin on your fish then you’ve got to try this amazing “Pan Seared Blackened Ahi Tuna” recipe.
It’s super easy to prepare and makes a perfect appetizer or main dish. It also pairs well with nearly all roasted veggies or dropped over a bed of greens for a complete meal in under 17 minutes.
Tools you will need:
- Small mixing bowl
- Medium cutting board
- Medium cast iron skillet
- Sharp knife
By the way, you can also find over 200 more amazing, easy to make, healthy recipes in my book entitled: Get Your Lean On – A simple, sensible yet scientific WEIGHT LOSS SOLUTION … Get Your Copy Here
2 (5 once) Ahi tuna steaks
1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1/4 tablespoon freshly ground white pepper
1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
1/2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. In a small bowl mix paprika, cayenne pepper and ground white pepper.
2. Season each side of the tuna steaks with the mixture and set aside.
3. Melt the butter with the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Cook the peppercorns in the mixture until they soften and pop, about 5 minutes.
5. Gently place the seasoned tuna in the skillet and cook to desired doneness, 30 to 60 seconds per side for rare.
6. On a cutting board using a sharp knife, slice tuna steaks into quarter inch slices.
The Skinny Per Serving:
- Calories 301
- Protein 34g
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 0.7g
- Fiber 0.5g