Its time to take a break from mashed cauliflower and swap it out for creamy broccoli mash and top it with seared scallops.
This super simple recipe is a delicious, low-carb meal you can prepare with just a handful of fresh ingredients. Its a perfect way to add more fiber and protein to your diet with tons of amazing flavor. Plus, it’s a quick-fix dinner you can have ready in less than 45 minutes!
Tools you will need:
- Large skillet
By the way, you can also find over 200 hundred more amazing, easy to make, healthy recipes in my book entitled: Get Your Lean On – A simple, sensible yet scientific WEIGHT LOSS SOLUTION … Get Your Copy Here
3 cups broccoli florets
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 cup diced yellow onions
½ lb. large sea scallops
1½ cups water
Fresh lemon wedges, for garnish
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine the broccoli florets, minced garlic, diced onions, and water together in a large skillet over medium heat. Let the ingredients cook in the skillet for at least 15 minutes, tossing every few minutes.
2. When the broccoli is tender, transfer the ingredients into a blender and pulse on high until you have a pudding like purée.
3. In the meantime, grease the same skillet with a bit of olive oil and place the scallops in a single layer. Sear them over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side, until they are cooked throughout.
4. Divide the broccoli mash between two plates and top with the seared scallops.
5. Squeeze a bit of fresh lemon juice over the scallops and add salt and pepper, to taste
The Skinny Per Serving:
- Calories 127
- Protein 16g
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 9g
- Fiber 5g