Try this deliciously healthy Get Your Lean On recipe! You can also find this recipe along with over 200 hundred other amazing recipes in my book titled: Get Your Lean On – A simple, sensible yet scientific WEIGHT LOSS SOLUTION … sold right here on my website.
Turkey-Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast
- 3 Italian turkey sausages, casing removed
- 1/2 c. sun-dried tomato, hydrated
- 3 T. garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. flaxseed, ground
- 2 acorn squash
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix ground turkey breast with turkey sausage.
- Chop the sun-dried tomatoes and add to turkey, along with garlic, basil, parmesan cheese, egg, and flaxseed.
- Halve the acorn squash, and remove seeds.
- Divide turkey mixture into 4 portions and form into balls and place into cavity of acorn squash.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until acorn squash pierces easily with a fork.
The Skinny Per Serving:
- Calories 421
- Protein 33g
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 25g
- Fiber 5g